cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error With Sending Data to Sleeping End Devices

devin2
Contributor I

Hello:

when I send data to sleeping End Device from Coordinator,the following situation has occurred.

pastedImage_1.png

0x735C is the sleeping end device,the 0xABBA is a router node .0xABBA should send data after the 0x735C data request,but 0xABBA is send data directly.0x735C is sleeping now ,so it cannot receive 0xABBA data.

When the above happens,I restart all devices ,but it's the same as before.

How to fix it ??? What happened in this situation???

Please help me !!!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Devin,

What platform, stack and version are you using?

You must set the "indirect" flag on the transmission from a parent to a child. In your sniffer capture, you should see the ACK after the data request with the "Frame pending" bit set, that will tell the child to keep the RX on to receive the data. Do you see that in your capture?

0 Kudos

devin2
Contributor I

Dear Juan:

Thanks for your reply ! I used JN5169 and Zigbee HA stack with Build Number 1620.The attachment is erroneous data.

I look forward to your response.Thanks.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Devin,

JC is right, the router, in this case, is not enabled the Frame Pending bit set after the data request. The end device that you are working on is polling the data from his parent. So, you should see something like this.

pastedImage_2.png

The sleep end device A0CA is sending the data request and the ack from the coordinator enables the frame pending bit because the coordinator is sending a simple descriptor request, in this case.

Just to confirm, what is the AN that you are working on?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos