cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021ATSN, How to config EthX? Thanks

xijin
Contributor I

Hi, 

I am learning the board LS1021ATSN-PA+ openIL and do not know how to solve the following two problems.

1. There are 6 ethernet ports (Eth0-Eth5) on the board. Eth0 and Eth1 connect the processor, and Eth2-Eth5 connect the switch chip SJA1105TEL. But only Eth2 and Eth3 are available in OpenIL. How can I config and use Eth4 and Eth5?

2. I connect Eth0 and Eth2 with a cable, and then send a flow from Eth0 to Eth2. I found the flow is delivered via the internal port between the process and the switch chip. The cable is unnecessary. How can I send a traffic from Eth0 to Eth2 via a cable? 

Best regards,

Xi Jin

0 Kudos
2 Replies

xijin
Contributor I

This is my misunderstand. Eth2-Eth5 have the same IP and MAC addresses. They are eth2 and eth2.100 in OpenIL.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The SJA1105 switch do not have a Linux kernel driver. As such, the PHY chip (BCM5464R) attached to the 4 externally connected ports of the LS1021ATSN board (ETH2, ETH3, ETH4, ETH5) is not controlled by the Linux kernel either.

Please refer to GitHub - openil/sja1105-tool: The sja1105-tool is a Linux userspace application for configuring the ... 

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

ping <eth2_IP> -I eth0

The networking packets should go to outside.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos