We built 10 boards with the MIMXRT1052DVL6B. When we add the caps on the 32KHz oscillator the 24MHz oscillator no longer starts.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We built 10 boards with the MIMXRT1052DVL6B. When we add the caps on the 32KHz oscillator the 24MHz oscillator no longer starts.

williambyrd
Contributor I

This is part of the initial power up verification so some of these boards have not been programmed.  We have added a resistance to ground on the XTALI pin.  We have adjusted the load capacitors.  We have varied the series resistance in the XTALI line going into the microprocessor.  We have added resistance between XTALI and XTALO.  We discovered some things on the layout that we would do different.  For example we did not put a ground band around the oscillators.  Any suggestions of clues would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

williambyrd
Contributor I

We have checked the design and layout and compared it the NXP EVK board.  We did not have the 2.2Meg to ground on the XTAL1 pin so we added it but still not having good results.  Anyone have any idea what else we can try? 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi William

layout and proper grounding of crystal oscillators play important

role, so it may reason for that issue. If there are no errors in layout, like

wrong connections or short circuits, I am afraid it may be not possible to fix

instability. May be recommended to check layout guidelines in

Hardware Development Guide for the MIMXRT1050 Processor
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MIMXRT1050HDUG.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos