AnsweredAssumed Answered

S32k144EVB Simulink compile errors/missing libwinpthread-1.dll

Question asked by Stefan Bruekers on Aug 24, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 28, 2018 by Constantin Razvan Chivu

I am trying to program the S32K144EVB through Simulink using the NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K MCUs. I am on Matlab 2017b. 

The installation seemed to be correct and the env variable has been set. When I created the simple model with the button and the LED it started to compile code and I got a Code generation report. But when it than tried to compile with the GCC compiler it gave me the following error:

C:\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx(2)\code\NXP_S32_Model_mbd_rtw>"C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2017b\bin\win64\gmake" -f NXP_S32_Model.mk COPY_MDLREF_INCLUDES=0 ISPROTECTINGMODEL=NOTPROTECTING GENERATE_ERT_S_FUNCTION=0 INCLUDE_MDL_TERMINATE_FCN=1 COMBINE_OUTPUT_UPDATE_FCNS=1 MULTI_INSTANCE_CODE=0 INTEGER_CODE=0
Cleaning...
RELATIVE_PATH_TO_ANCHOR is ..
==== Removing object files from build directory ====
Copying necessary files to build directory...
Compiler details : "C:\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx(2)\code\tools\gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -c -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -O1 -g -gstrict-dwarf -DARM_MATH_CM4 -D__FPU_PRESENT=1 -D__FPU_USED=1 -D__NVIC_PRIO_BITS=FEATURE_NVIC_PRIO_BITS -o SetupFiles -DCPU_S32K144HFT0VLLT -I. -I.. -I.. -I"C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2017b\simulink\include" -I"C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2017b\extern\include" -I"C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2017b\rtw\c\src" -I"C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2017b\rtw\c\libsrc" -I"C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2017b\rtw\c\src\ext_mode\common" -I"C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2017b\rtw\c\src\ext_mode\tcpip" -I"C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2017b\rtw\c\src\ext_mode\serial" -I"C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2017b\rtw\c\src\ext_mode\custom" -IC:\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx(2)\code -IC:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2017b\simulink\include\sf_runtime -IC:\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx(2)\code\NXP_S32_Model_mbd_rtw -IC:\MBCD\OSCAT_projects\NXP_S32\Model -I"C:\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx(2)\code\tools\gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi/arm-none-eabi/include" -I"./common" -I"./inc" -I"./src/clock/S32K1xx" -I"./src/sim/S32K144" -I"./src/power/S32K1xx" -I"./S32K144/include" -I"../common" -I"../inc" -I"../src/clock/S32K1xx" -I"../src/sim/S32K144" -I"../src/power/S32K1xx" -I"../S32K144/include"
Assembler details : "C:\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx(2)\code\tools\gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -c -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -g -x assembler-with-cpp -o SetupFiles
Product: NXP_S32_Model.mot
Build product type: executable
Building file startup_S32K144.o...
"C:\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx(2)\code\tools\gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -c -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -g -x assembler-with-cpp -o startup_S32K144.o startup_S32K144.s
gmake: *** [startup_S32K144.o] Error 1
### Build procedure for model: 'NXP_S32_Model' aborted due to an error.
Error(s) encountered while building "NXP_S32_Model"

I than went to the working directory and started the (**model.bat) batch file located in it. After i run that it gave me an error that libwinpthread-1.dll was missing and that reinstalling the software should fix this.

So i went to find the .dll located in:

C:\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx(2)\code\tools\gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi\bin

and copied it to the same location as were the batch file was located. So I rebuild the model (through Simulink) and it successfully downloaded the code to the board. 

I know this is not how it is supposed to work. But for some reason it cannot find the .dll even when the env variable is set correctly. Any solution?

Attachments

Outcomes