Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1046 Configure QSPI for dual mode

Jump to solution
kzambrano
Contributor III

Hi,

Was wanting to configure the QSPI to use only 2 data lines. Per the LS1046ARM spec, Chp 27, this is possible. Looking at section 3.4.7, the IFC word can be modified to reconfigure the pins in the  RCW. Need some help understanding the  encoding of this configuration and how to modify it in the RCW. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kzambrano
Contributor III

I guess  it's official. No RCW for QSPI to modify data lines so they stay in single mode until the kernel takes over.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the following application note about QSPI using:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4512.pdf

The Look-up Table register (QuadSPI_LUTn) is used for for setting Single, Dual or Quad I/O mode. See the Section 3.1.2 of the AN4512 and find the "Read from flash in Dual SDR Mode" in this Application Note.

Use PBL for setting QuadSPI_LUTn for this mode.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
kzambrano
Contributor III

Thanks Pavel,

Per the spec, QSPI comes up in single mode, however I don't see anything in the PBL taking it out of this mode. Further, in UBOOT, it appears that single mode is preserved. Would you be able to confirm this?

PBL_data.PNG

0 Kudos
kzambrano
Contributor III

I guess  it's official. No RCW for QSPI to modify data lines so they stay in single mode until the kernel takes over.

0 Kudos