i.MX6ULL locks up after roughly 10 seconds when systemd-networkd.service is disabled

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6ULL locks up after roughly 10 seconds when systemd-networkd.service is disabled

spencerblack
Contributor II

I am using an i.MX6ULL on a custom product with the Linux vendor release. BSP I am testing with is based on " rel_imx_4.1.15_2.1.0_ga ". Once the system reaches the Linux log in prompt and systemd-networkd.service is disabled the board will lock up after roughly 10 seconds.

If I log in, enable systemd-networkd.service, and reboot before the system locks up everything will work fine.

If the service is enabled by default I use the following commands to test with.

systemctl disable systemd-networkd.service
reboot

I also tested the above commands on Linux mainline release v4.12.4 " and it does not have this issue.

Tags (2)
3 Replies

spencerblack
Contributor II

Hi Yuri,

This seems like it may be an issue on our side.

We have noticed that when ethernet is disabled and the cpu is in ondemand mode and then enters powersave mode. The system will lock up within roughly 10 seconds. Our current workaround is to default the cpu into performance mode and everything seems to function properly.

Regards,
Spencer

spencerblack
Contributor II

Hi Yuri,

We do not have an EVK available to test this with. Is it possible for you to try this on a kit?

Regards,
Spencer

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

is it possible to reproduce the issue on i.MX 6ULL EVK, using its demo image?

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos