Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKL15Z128CAD4R Watchdog in VLLS0 mode

Jump to solution
shrejjjhh
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using MKL15Z128CAD4R MCU. I have enabled wathdog for 1 sec and updated through my application every 1 sec.

/* SIM_COPC: COPT=11,COPCLKS=0,COPW=0 */
SIM->COPC = (uint32_t)0xCu;

but when I enable VLLS0 mode, watchdog still runs and resets MCU. Ideally in low power mode, all the clocks should be stopped.

Please Help.

1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shre jjjhh,

When you enter VLLS0 mode the Watchdog timer goes to OFF state, you cannot even select if you want to keep it on. This make me think that you are not entering correctly to VLLS0 mode. Could you please share with me the code you are using to send the MCU to VLLS0 mode? 

pastedImage_1.png

I also recommend you to take a look into the following application note to see if you are missing something when entering VLLS0 mode. 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5088.pdf 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shre jjjhh,

When you enter VLLS0 mode the Watchdog timer goes to OFF state, you cannot even select if you want to keep it on. This make me think that you are not entering correctly to VLLS0 mode. Could you please share with me the code you are using to send the MCU to VLLS0 mode? 

pastedImage_1.png

I also recommend you to take a look into the following application note to see if you are missing something when entering VLLS0 mode. 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5088.pdf 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
shrejjjhh
Contributor III

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your reply.

I have resolved the issue. 

Actually I was scheduling the MCU to enter VLLS0 mode after 7 seconds through timer. During this 7 seconds time, for every 100ms I had called a function which toggles LED(ON-300ms,OFF-300ms).  This is through systick timer.

And also I was refreshing Watchdog counter every 1 sec. through systick timer.

It might be possible that that my application was not able to refresh the watchdog during above scenario.

Anyway, Thanks for your time. 

Have a great day!!

Regards,

Shrek