assertion failure when linking with GCC floating point math library

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assertion failure when linking with GCC floating point math library

tandinh
Contributor II

I followed the example from CMSIS DSP KSDK 2.x Kinetis Design Studio.pdf. to compile the GCC version of the example "arm_fft_bin_example" under the SDK_2.0.0_K32H844P_ER3 toolchain.

I was able to link with libarm_cortexM74f_math.a, but cannot run, because my hardware is M7.

When I link with libarm_corextM7lfsp_math.a, I got the assertion below error:

c:/freescale/kds_v3/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: BFD (GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors) 2.23.2.20140731 assertion fail /home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/src/binutils/bfd/elf32-arm.c:11813

How can I fix this error? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies

tandinh
Contributor II

Hi Alice,

Thanks for the help. I can now be able to use FPU math library on ARM cortex M7 without any issue.

It definitely answers my question.

TD

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello TAN DINH,

OK, welcome.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tan Dinh ,

Based on info from the software team, the library was compiled using a newer version of GCC than what is included in the KDS install. That is causing the compile errors. The version of GCC used by KDS can be updated though.

Please refer to the below steps updating GCC in KDS:

- Download the latest GNU GCC ARM:

GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain | Downloads – Arm Developer      

- Rename original "Toolchain" folder to other name "Toolchain.orig", then create a new folder named "Toolchain":

pastedImage_2.png

-Unzip the GCC folder , copy and paste  all the folder and file into "Toolchain" :

pastedImage_3.png

- Reopen KDS, clean your project , build again.

Hope it can helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tan Dinh,

It is the same error on my side , I have asked KDS expert , it looks like a bug in the linker.

I recommend you use  S32DS IDE S32 Design Studio IDE for Arm® based MCUs|NXP 

then you can download CMSIS official release from ARM web site

CMSIS - Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard - ARM 

You can also use AMMCLIB SDK (included in S32DS). AMMCLIB has many DSP functions and have better performance than CMSIS DPS. 

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos