IMX6ULL: U-boot detects mmc during mfgtool download, but not from eMMC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6ULL: U-boot detects mmc during mfgtool download, but not from eMMC

aliismail
Contributor IV

I have a custom IMX6ULL board. I am using the following u-boot and linux kernel:

LINUX_BRANCH = "4.1-2.0.x-imx"

LINUX_REPO = "https://github.com/Freescale/linux-fslc.git"

UBOOT_BRANCH = "imx_v2016.03_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga"

UBOOT_REPO = "git://git.freescale.com/imx/uboot-imx.git"

UBOOT_CONFIG = 'mx6ull_14x14_evk_defconfig'

Issue: Using mfgtool, I can download successfully a u-boot, kernel, and rootfs directly to an eMMC connected to usdhc1. When I switch to internal boot mode and boot from the eMMC, u-boot does not detect the MMC. I am confused why the mfgtool u-boot detects the mmc, however, the production u-boot does not.

Attempts to solve:

1. Completed DDR stress tests and added calibration values to u-boot

2. Modified the pins for usdhc1 to match schematic (this is likely correct since mfgtool uboot works properly)

3. Modified the uboot environment to point to mmc0, mmcblk0p1 (partition contains linux kernel and dtb), modified mmc load image partition to 1 to match mmcblk0p1

Any ideas on what could be different between running the mfgtool and booting from the emmc? 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ali

linux-fslc is community linux release supported by community, difference between
official nxp releases (which use mfg tool) and community bsp (does not support mfg tool)
described on
difference between Yocto Community BSP and Freescale BSP Release 
FSL Community BSP Release Notes 2.3 documentation 
One can try official nxp releases described on
i.MX Software|NXP 

uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 
Issues with community linux (linux-fslc) can be posted on meta-fsl-arm mailing list
meta-freescale Info Page 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------