Can i use 8 bit data out external SDRAM for updating graphics framebuffer (480x272, 16 bits color data) in kinetis K80

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use 8 bit data out external SDRAM for updating graphics framebuffer (480x272, 16 bits color data) in kinetis K80

pravin_patil
Contributor II

I am using color TFT display with resolution 480x272 and color data is 565 RGB ie. 16 bits per pixel. i want to use FLEXIO to drive the LCD and  8 bit data out SDRAM for graphics frame buffer because i have issue with pin count for 16 bit SDRAM.

Can i use 8 bit SDRAM insted of 16 bit for graphics frame buffer ??

Thanks

6 Replies

divyaece2
Contributor II

Hi..

I have the same issue as Parvin Patil mentioned but the difference is that internal SDRAM. Now I am working on IMX RT-1050 for updating graphics frame buffer (480 x 272). I am a beginner with that.. Please, give me the example for accessing the sdram of imxrt 1050. It would be helpful for me...

Thanks and Regards,

Divya.S

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I checked the MCUXpresso SDK software package for i.MX RT1050 with SDRAM initialization code at <evkbimxrt1050_sdram_init.mac> file, which will be called during SDRAM target project debugger process.

pastedImage_1.png

I attached that file for your reference.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

divyaece2
Contributor II

Thank you Hui_Ma...

Thank you so much for support.. But I can't find your attachment file. And where can I find the factory settings in mcuxpresso IDE.. Please send your response as soon as possible...

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I think you need to change another browser software (such as IE or Firefox) to check the attachment.

Please check here about Overview i.MXRT1050 with MCUXpresso IDE.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

divyaece2
Contributor II

Hi Hui_Ma..

Thanks a lot.. Got your attachment! Will go through the same..

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The AN5280(Using Kinetis FlexIO to drive a graphical LCD) chapter 5 shows FlexIO_LCD bus bandwidth performance.

pastedImage_1.png

If there couldn't using 16-bit data port to access SDRAM, the FlexIO_LCD maximum bus bandwidth from SDRAM should below 31MBytes/s.

I don't know the LCD display pixel clock frequency (MHz), you could check with LCD display datasheet to get that data.

Please calculate if the FlexIO_LCD bus bandwidth could match with that LCD display requirement.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

0 Kudos