How to use the generated code to create a new project in CodeWarrior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the generated code to create a new project in CodeWarrior

leeewayyy
Contributor II

I am using MCDtool to generated code for MCP5643L. I am trying to use the generated files to create a new project so that I can do the modification on the project based on my requirement. But I got issues when I put files in the new project and trying to build, there is always faults. Is there any instruction that how should we import the files? Please let me know, thanks! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello leeewayyy‌,

Unfortunately this toolbox does not have an automatic importer (like our newer toolboxes do, for S32DS). I don't know what errors you get, but I can give you somethings to keep in mind when importing the project: 

• use the same compiling options as in our toolbox (you can find them in the Main Config block)
  • use the toolboxe's linker file, not the one that is default in CodeWarrior

As I don't know what errors you're getting and I'm no expert in CodeWarrior, you can try ask on the CW community with more details - there you can surely find an answer.

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

P.S.: if you are trying to get a debug session working on the ELF that is generated by our toolbox, you can read this thread.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

leeewayyy
Contributor II

Attached are the generated files and the new project I created based on the generated files. There is always something wrong when compiling. Do you mind help me figure out what shall I do to config the project?constantinrazvan.chivu

0 Kudos

leeewayyy
Contributor II

Hi Razvan,

Thanks for replying.

Currently, I just created a new project in CodeWarrior and imported the files that generated by MATLAB (include the linker file).

Right now I got the fault "Function Has no Prototype" issue. The definition is in *.s file and I have already added it into assembly header path. But it still fails to find the function definition.  Would you mind help me with that?

Thanks!

Regards,

Li

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos