cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with KMS Application when ported to custom hardware

abdullahmamun
Contributor II

Hi

I have started a sensor-less speed control application with KMS and took it to KDS to give is other functionality as needed. I have used a FRDM-KV31F board and every thing works as expected. I have recently received my custom board that has the same part number for the micro controller (MKV31F512VLL12P). When I flash the application in to my custom board the micro keep resting it self. I have tested that same board with some simple project from the SDK folder they all works fine.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Abdullah 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

abdullahmamun
Contributor II

I Philip,

I have replaced the MCU today. Now it is prompting that the "Device is secure. Erase to unsecure?" if I select "No" it takes me to the P&E Connection assistance and only action that works is Abort. wondering if you can help me with that.

thanks,

Abdullah

0 Kudos

philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The part is not secure, it's the KDS and P&E algorythm incorrectly interpreting the FSEC value of 0xEE as secure.

Sounds like the KDS eclipse plug ins version and the multilink are out of date.  Make sure you download the latest version of the programming eclipse plug ins from P&E.  

KMS is now supported by MCUXpresso and the latest SDK.  

If the previous update does not work I would suggest porting your code to the latest version of KMS and using MCUXpresso IDE.

Best Regards,

Philip

0 Kudos

abdullahmamun
Contributor II

Hi Philip

Thanks for your quick response. Although I have used KMS enabled MCU I don't need need is to interact with KMS anymore and the reset pin is connected. I am using SWD with a PE micro USB Multilink. As I have mentioned previously it is still working fine with other simple projects. It is only an issue when I load the motor control application from KDS.

Thanks 

Abdullah

0 Kudos

philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Abdullah,

It sounds like the MCU is not under control of the debug interface and the MCU may be blank. The constant resets is common if the part is blank.

Does you debug JTAG or SWD interface include the Reset pin.  The reset pin is required if the MCU has been secured.

So this leads me to the next discussion.

Were you ever able to connect to the MCU on your custom board?

From the factory the MCU come programmed with two things in the flash, the flashloader and the KMS library.  It also is protected against mass erase by the setting of the Flash Security Register with a value of 0xEE which is also not -secure.  Some of the debug tools mistook the flash mass erase protection as being secure and would ask the user to mass erase.  

If the part was mass erase the part is now secure and will require the reset pin to regain control over the MCU.

If the part was mass erased during this interaction then the KMS software will not work. 

If the part was mass erase, and you still want to use KMS you must replace the MCU on your customer board with another factory programmed MCU. 

Best Regards,

Philip

0 Kudos