Manufacturing Tool U-Boot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturing Tool U-Boot

martinbell
Contributor I

The manufacturing tool includes a pre-built binary "u-boot.vybrid" (stored in Profiles/Vybrid Update/OS Firmware). Using this binary, the Mfg Tool works as expected with the VF610 Tower board. However, following the build instructions in U-boot_src/README.txt does not produce a correctly working u-boot.imx = u-boot.vybrid. We are having to use GCC V6 as V3 seems to be unavailable. I have spent over a week tweaking the U-boot source to make it build and stop it crashing (eg. adding "no-unaligned-access" to some files), but there are still issues. The attached is the serial output log from U-boot running in RAM on the vf610 Tower board. The overall aim is to get the Mfg Tool working on our own vf311-based board.

Labels (4)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Martin,

It seems that the source you are using to build u-boot.imx/u-boot.vybrid image was missing some functionality, check and use the below attached source to build u-boot image and let me know, how it goes.

Thanks,
Timesys support

0 Kudos

martinbell
Contributor I

Thanks for the U-boot update. Unfortunately, I am still having problems trying to run the U-boot image in internal RAM in order to get it to communicate with NXP's Manufacturing Tool.

After various tweaks (which I had to do before the update too) to make it build and run, I am now getting U-Boot resetting itself instead of talking successfully to the Manufacturing Tool.

The log is attached. I know it should be possible to make a working binary u-boot.vybrid, as I have the binary that came with the Manufacturing Tool, and it works as expected with the VF610 Tower board.

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello timesyssupport‌, 

Do you know what could be the problem?

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello timesyssupport‌. Can you please help us with this problem.

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos