Programming KL26Z128VLH4 microcontroller without using KL26Z128VLH4 microcontroller

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming KL26Z128VLH4 microcontroller without using KL26Z128VLH4 microcontroller

hb0038
Contributor II

Hi,

One of my project I want to use KL26Z128VLH4 microcontroller. These days I'm doing research on that. I found a development kit FRDM-KL26Z which is using KL26Z128VLH4 microcontroller. When I open the schematic diagram of this development kit I saw there is another microcontroller called K20DX128VFM5. https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/schematics/FRDM-KL26Z_SCH_REV_B.pdf This schematic diagram says it is dedicated for OpenSDA purposes. 

My question is Can I still program KL26Z128VLH4 microcontroller if I do not use KL26Z128VLH4 microcontroller? 

Thank you

Harsha

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Harsha,

As you mentioned, the K20DX128VFM5 is used for the OpenSDA interface, the KL26Z128VLH4 can be programmed using this interface or it can also be programmed through the J7 SWD connector using an external programmer.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

hb0038
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your advice. Could you please tell me the couple of external programmers which I can use to programme?

Thanks,
Harsha.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Harsha,

You could use LPC-Link2 or one of our partner debug probes:

LPC-Link2|NXP 

LPC Debug and Trace Probes|NXP 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Harsha,

What do you mean "still program KL26Z128VLH4 microcontroller if I do not use KL26Z128VLH4 microcontroller"? Can you please specify?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos