QN9080: Gap_Authorize() returns gBleFeatureNotSupported_c

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9080: Gap_Authorize() returns gBleFeatureNotSupported_c

maxasaulov
Contributor II

Issue 1: Working on a project I was planning to use Gap_Authorize() API from gap_interface.h . Unfortunately, it always returns gBleFeatureNotSupported_c. I've checked the disassembly and it looks like this API is not implemented?

arm-none-eabi-objdump -S libs/lib_ble_5-0_host_cm4.a | grep Gap_Authorize -B 3 -A  3

5e: bf00 nop

Disassembly of section .text.InternalGap_Authorize:

00000000 <InternalGap_Authorize>:
0: 2004 movs r0, #4
2: 4770 bx lr

--
2a: bd08 pop {r3, pc}

Disassembly of section .text.Gap_Authorize:

00000000 <Gap_Authorize>:
0: f7ff bffe b.w 0 <InternalGap_Authorize>

Disassembly of section .text.Gap_SaveCccd:

Gap_Authorize calls InternalGap_Authorize. InternalGap_Authorize just copies 4 (code of gBleFeatureNotSupported_c) to register and returns. 

Question: Is there any plans to include this API into next SDK release?

Issue 2: With whitelist feature enabled it's not possible to connect device after bonding (device doesn't accept connection requests from a mobile phone). I've prepared a project for QN9080 DK to demonstrate this. I thought that it was related to the mobile phone using a random address, so I've checked that IRK is being distributed from the phone during pairing\bonding. And I wasn't able to find info how to use whitelist feature with a random address in the documentation (and it looks from Link Layer Privacy Core Specification 4.2 [Vol 6, Part B], section 6.2.1 it should be possible )

Platform: QN9080

SDK: SDK_2.x_QN908XCDK (SDK version 2.2.0)

IDE: mcuxpressoide-10.2.0
System : Ubuntu 18.04

Regards,
Max.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Could you please help me uploading the files you mention again ? There seems to be an issue with them and I'm not able to check them

Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos

maxasaulov
Contributor II

Are there any updates?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

The issue was reported and checked, it should be in the last release and if was not, it will be added in the next one. 

Regarding the other issue, by any chance have you tried with the HID examples? I believe you will find they seem to be working correctly there. 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

maxasaulov
Contributor II

Hi Estephania,

It seems that files have somehow vanished from my post. I've uploaded them to gdrive https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WDOfLife9yKc2L8XenjraNx0ryH6XBxe (SHA1 5205e8e6ef08df086348d06b271aabf02878c56d)

Regards,
Max.

0 Kudos