AnsweredAssumed Answered

QN9080: Gap_Authorize() returns gBleFeatureNotSupported_c

Question asked by Max Asaulov on Aug 15, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 10, 2018 by Estephania Martinez

Issue 1: Working on a project I was planning to use Gap_Authorize() API from gap_interface.h . Unfortunately, it always returns gBleFeatureNotSupported_c. I've checked the disassembly and it looks like this API is not implemented?

arm-none-eabi-objdump -S libs/lib_ble_5-0_host_cm4.a | grep Gap_Authorize -B 3 -A  3

5e: bf00 nop

Disassembly of section .text.InternalGap_Authorize:

00000000 <InternalGap_Authorize>:
0: 2004 movs r0, #4
2: 4770 bx lr

--
2a: bd08 pop {r3, pc}

Disassembly of section .text.Gap_Authorize:

00000000 <Gap_Authorize>:
0: f7ff bffe b.w 0 <InternalGap_Authorize>

Disassembly of section .text.Gap_SaveCccd:

Gap_Authorize calls InternalGap_Authorize. InternalGap_Authorize just copies 4 (code of gBleFeatureNotSupported_c) to register and returns. 

Question: Is there any plans to include this API into next SDK release?

Issue 2: With whitelist feature enabled it's not possible to connect device after bonding (device doesn't accept connection requests from a mobile phone). I've prepared a project for QN9080 DK to demonstrate this. I thought that it was related to the mobile phone using a random address, so I've checked that IRK is being distributed from the phone during pairing\bonding. And I wasn't able to find info how to use whitelist feature with a random address in the documentation (and it looks from Link Layer Privacy Core Specification 4.2 [Vol 6, Part B], section 6.2.1 it should be possible )

Platform: QN9080

SDK: SDK_2.x_QN908XCDK (SDK version 2.2.0)

IDE: mcuxpressoide-10.2.0
System : Ubuntu 18.04

Regards,
Max.

Attachments

Outcomes