cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q ssi

hsl
Contributor I

Hi,everyone:

What if I use imx6q to read the I2S signal?
That is, the external input i2s signal, and the clock is also provided externally

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi H

yes i.MX6Q can read the I2S signal, please refer to WM8962 (it send/receive i2s) on

Sabre SD schematic spf-27392 p.10 Schematics (1)
i.MX6_SABRE_SDP_DESIGNFILES
http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/sabre-development-system/s...

and its driver in attached Linux Manual Chapter 28 Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) System
on a Chip (ASoC) Sound Driver

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

hsl
Contributor I

Hi,igor:

Connect to imx6q like this? I don't seem to see a Linux manual about ALSA.

pastedImage_1.png

In addition, now I don't know what external audio codec chip (like I don't know is wm8962), only know that three signal lines (BCLK, LRCLK, ADCDAT) are connected to imx6Q, in this case, if I operate the register directly, Can I read the data in the receive buffer of ssi?
I saw the imx6q chip manual saying that it is possible to send port 3 (AUD3) data to port 1 (ssi1) on the audmux module. Is this feasible?
Thank you!

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

yes in general one can read the data in the receive buffer of ssi,

more simple examples can be found in baremetal SDK (zip can be found on

SMP Enable in IMX6)

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

hsl
Contributor I

Hi,Igor

Thank you for your reply!

Not on bare metal, I mean registering a character device driver through memory address mapping, directly configuring the registers, and then reading the ssi registers, like this:

Address mapping:

pastedImage_2.png

Register configuration:

pastedImage_3.png

read data:

pastedImage_1.png

Is this feasible?

0 Kudos