debounce counter not decrementing in orientation detection -acceleromter(FXOS8700CQ)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debounce counter not decrementing in orientation detection -acceleromter(FXOS8700CQ)

naman_sharma040
Contributor I

Hi,

I have configured my FXOS8700CQ to give an interrupt at pin 1 whenever there is a change in orientation.I am receiving the interrupt at pin 1 but the interrupt flag once set is not getting cleared as debounce counter(PL_count) is not decremented can you just look into the problem,I have done all the configurations as mentioned in NXP
application note AN4068.

here's the configuration part of the code:

config.PNG

config1.PNG

here's the interrupt service routine:

intr.PNG

The problem is I enter the ISR and read PL status and interrupt source register but after that the debounce counter is not decrementing.

Please look into this problem.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Naman,

The behavior of the debounce counter can be set in the PL_CFG register using the dbcntm bit:

pastedImage_2.png

To clear the src_lndprt interrupt status bit in the INT_SOURCE register and consequently deassert the INT1 pin, it is necessary to read the PL_STATUS register as you are doing correctly.

However, it is also necessary to acknowledge an IRQ in your ISR by writing a logic 1 to a specific bit of your MCU. Without doing it, the interrupt flag on your MCU will remain active and then you are not able to receive any further P/L interrupts from the FXOS8700CQ.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

naman_sharma040
Contributor I

Sir ,

I have already tried setting the dbcntm bit to 1 for clearing the counter

whenever condition of interest is no longer valid . Still the interrupt bit

is not re setting to 0 whenever orientation comes back to it's original

position.

I hope you will look into this problem.