cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P4080 Machine Check Exception

ysp
Contributor I

Dear all,

I have a machine check exception as shown below. When I checked the machine check syndrome register (MCSR), "Instruction fetch error report" and "Load instruction error report" occurred. What do you suspect in this case? (example. DDR, Cache, etc...)

Every help is appreciated.

Thanks.

1.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry for delayed response to this.

Please pay attention to "Exception next instruction address" string. It is not said explicitly, but I assume this string represents the contents of register MCSRR0. Please monitor this value, if this value is always the same, than please look instruction at this address and previous address. What this instruction is exactly doing, and etc. In case if this address is not always the same, but changes from case to case, than this means the exception is not caused by particular instruction, but just a random behavior due to hardware issues.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ysp
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply.

I think it's a DDR issue, but could it be a cache issue? Is there anything more specific to this exception?

0 Kudos