AnsweredAssumed Answered

Moving MQX Development Tools to another PC

Question asked by Myke Predko on Aug 5, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 26, 2018 by Daniel Chen

Hiya,

I haven't been on here in a while, but I wanted to see if there's a quick answer to my problem.  

I've been running my application on a Windows 7 PC for a number of years without any problems (including backing up the source code and keeping the original installation programs).  The PC has died and I wanted to move my development tools to another (Windows 7) PC.  

This MQX 4 for CodeWarrior 10.4.  I install MQX followed by CW, when CW comes up for the first time, I do all the updates.  I've copied in my project folder from the previous system.

When I start up CW, I get the "Start Multiple Errors" dialog box that's below.  There's no useful information other than saying "Unknown target type".  I've looked through "Properties" in the project and I can't find any setting for that - I would have thought that information would be copied in with the project.  I've sent this in as an issue to NXP as well.

When I try to build, everything seems to compile okay but the linker upchucks with:

**** Build of configuration j20_Int_Flash_Debug for project J20_Test_45 ****

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.4\gnu\bin\mingw32-make -j8 all
'Building target: J20_Test_45.afx'
'Executing target #59 J20_Test_45.afx'
'Invoking: ARM Linker'
"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.4/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm" -o "J20_Test_45.afx" @@"J20_Test_45.args"
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.4/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm|Linker|Warning
>Symbol _bsp_get_adc_base_address multiply defined in bsp.a(lwadc_k20_c.o )
>and bsp.a(adc_mk20_c.o )
>Ignoring the definition in bsp.a(lwadc_k20_c.o )
>psp.a(comp_c.o )
>Ignoring the definition in libc99_Thumb_LE_v7M.a(abort_exit.o )
>psp.a(comp_c.o )
>Ignoring the definition in libc99_Thumb_LE_v7M.a(alloc.o )
>psp.a(comp_c.o )
>psp.a(comp_c.o )

I suspect that it's not bringing in the correct bsp (I created one for the project).  

Can anybody point me in the right direction to get these builds working?

UPDATE 2018.08.08 - Added console log with build result after installing MQX first as was suggested below.

Outcomes