Blhost utility flashing time

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blhost utility flashing time

farzansaleem
Contributor I

I am using BLHOST utility to flash firmware via bootloader.Minimum flashing time i am getting is about 48sec at maximum baud rate of 256000.Is this normal flashing time? Is there any way to reduce flashing time?

Actually we are planning to use this method for production of our devices.We are planning to flash about 10k units but with that flashing time  it is not feasible for us to use this bootlaoder or this type of interface do you have any recommendations.

Following are the specs of my system

Controller:NXP KL43Z

Interface:UART

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

With quantities of 10k, have you considered having your vendor program the chips for you before delivery?
Distributors such as Arrow offer that as a value-added-service.

JTAG will be faster.

At some point the limit is the Flash Write speed and going faster than that has no gain in programming time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

KL43 just support SWD, it can't support the JTAG, but SWD will be faster than the UART bootloader.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Farzan,

The download time relate to the download speed, but also depend on the code size you want to download.

As you know, the UART have speed limit, if you want to quick, I think you also can use the debugger or the programmer to download it.

Eg, you can use the JLINK, and JFLASH download it directly through the SWD interface.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos