cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tj

santhosh_purush
Contributor I

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to purchase the TJA1042T/3 IC CAN transciever. When I look up the internet there are three types of these transciever, that is TJA1042T/3/1J ; TJA1042T/3,118 ; TJA1042T/3/ CM,118. I could not find the difference  between these three CAN transcievers from the technical sheet . Could you please tell me what is the difference between these three CAN transcievers. 

Thanks for your help 

Regards,

Santhosh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Santhosh,

There was the diffusion and BoM update made in October 2012 resulting in the transition from TJA1042T/3,118 to TJA1042T/3/CM,118.

Here are the details:

• Upgrade of the A-BCD3 diffusion process with High-Density-Plasma (HDP) oxide based passivation, improving robustness against passivation cracks. This is already in use for years for other automotive products in the A-BCD3 diffusion process.

• 20μm AuPd bondwire i.s.o. 25μm Au bondwire

• 280μm die thickness i.s.o. 380μm

"/CM" and “/1J” are used to identify this device as the dual source version of the device. We internally manufacture this device at two FAB locations in order to give our end customer built in dual sourcing for many of our devices. This code is used for the EDI ordering only so there is no technical reason behind. Please find attached the PCN notification associated to this dual source wafer fab. 

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos