AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem Using External Oscillator in High-Gain Mode?

Question asked by mwutley on Aug 1, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 10, 2018 by Kerry Zhou

I'm using the MK20 series uC and trying to get it to run in high-gain mode. This mode was chosen based on the K20 sub-family reference manual (for my given hardware config and frequency). The load capacitance was carefully calculated, but since things are not working, I've tried a broad range of capacitance as a sanity check...still no success.

When I try running in high-gain mode, the code continually gets stuck in the bss_init() function, which is part of the ResetISR. However, one important thing to note is that this happens after I've already entered main so before entering main I can successfully make it through bss_init().

By putting in breakpoints, I've found that this is happening at some point during the BOARD_BootClockRUN() code, but I haven't been able to figure out exactly why or where. When the CLOCK_InitOsc0() function runs, the code successfully makes it through the while loop that is waiting for a stable oscillator, so it looks like I'm good there.

Everything runs fine in low-power mode, but I'd like to understand the issue and get it fixed. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

Outcomes