cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

probelem about vpu_wrapper on i.mx6 Quad/DualLite

Jump to solution
klistchko
Contributor I

I am using i.mx6 Quad/DualLite to make a video codec through vpu, I know imx vpu lib, but it's difficult to understand and use it, today I found a high-level API, but it needs vpu_wrapper.h, so there is the problem, I can't find vpu_wrapper on system, so I found a copy on github, but it has several problems, some variables has not been defined.

so I want to know if i.mx6 Quad/DualLite can use vpu_wrapper, I think the answer is sure, but as a newbie to i.mx6, I can't understand all of this.

GitHub - Freescale/libimxvpuapi: i.MX VPU API Library    this is the high-level api i said.

freescale_omx_framework/OpenMAXIL/src/component/vpu_wrapper at master · finallyshen/freescale_omx_fr...   this is vpu_wrapper I found

the first pic is my i.mx6 Quad/DualLite bord.

the second pic is the result to compile the high-level api example, I wrote the makefile but not use waf.

the third pic is  enum variables in vpu_wrapper.h, but there is no VPU_DEC_RESOLUTION_CHANGED,

actually there are 6 variables like VPU_DEC_RESOLUTION_CHANGED that not defined.

If sombody can figure me out the vpu_wrapper preblem, thanks very much.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi yu

you can try NXP vpu api described in i.MX_VPU_Application_Programming_Interface_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf

included in linux documentation in

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_2.1.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=13376994810717061... 

libimxvpuapi is not nxp software and supported by communty, one can try to post questions

on gstreamer-imx or meta-fsl-arm mailing list

Issues · Freescale/gstreamer-imx · GitHub 

meta-freescale Info Page 

Also for "omx_framework" there is no free support, it may be supported by

NXP Professional Services|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi yu

you can try NXP vpu api described in i.MX_VPU_Application_Programming_Interface_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf

included in linux documentation in

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_2.1.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=13376994810717061... 

libimxvpuapi is not nxp software and supported by communty, one can try to post questions

on gstreamer-imx or meta-fsl-arm mailing list

Issues · Freescale/gstreamer-imx · GitHub 

meta-freescale Info Page 

Also for "omx_framework" there is no free support, it may be supported by

NXP Professional Services|NXP 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
klistchko
Contributor I

ok,I understand the relationship about vpu and vpu wrapper, thank you very much

0 Kudos