cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1050 SD Card Sensitivity

avir
Contributor I

Hello all,

I'm experiencing issues with the sd_jpeg example included in the EVKB-IMXRT1050 SDK. The example will work on some SD cards and not others (different manufacturers and sometimes different capacities will behave differently), and sometimes erratically with a 'functional' SD card. Failure sometimes occurs in the MOUNT_SDCard() function during the last check:

// Open file to check
    error = f_open(&jpgFil, _T("/000.jpg"), FA_OPEN_EXISTING);
    if (error != FR_OK)
    {
        PRINTF("No demo jpeg file!\r\n");
        return -4;
    }

This implies that the SD card is actually recognized and mounts properly, yet the relevant image files are not found. I am loading the program into SDRAM, and am able to step through the code using MCUXpresso.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with the SD card and this example?

Board: i.MXRT1050 EVKB

SDK: KSDK 2.4.2 (2018-07-24)

IDEs: MCUXpresso 10.2.0_759

0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You should ensure used SD cards are using FAT or FAT32 file systems. Larger capacity SD cards or SDXC are usually formatted on exFAT (or NTFS), so, they should be manually formatted on supported file systems.

In case of the lower capacity SD cards (2GB or less), they should be initialized on low-speed mode, and this step may be bypassed depending of the clock modes of the SD card driver.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos