saved file is not in s19 format

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saved file is not in s19 format

juliancox
Contributor V

Using Cw10.7 I used the debug script command to save the contents of my S08QE16 in hex format.using the command

save -h C0...FFFF file1

The file is saved, but not in S19 format (as the help file indicates). Each line contains 8 bytes, there is no s-record type prefix, no load address, no number of bytes to load and no checksum. this makes it impossible to compared the saved file against a newly compiled file. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

juliancox
Contributor V

Thanks for the advice. I was using the debug shell with the "save" command. I needed the s19 format so that I had the address format, without which it would have been very difficult to compare two files and determine at which addresses the differences occurred. I could then cross-relate this to the C code via the disassembly view. Unfortunately the only options available were Intel hex and binary, although the manual states that the file would be saved in S19 format - which ic clearly not the case. However the "Memory Dump' option that you describe appears to be the way to go, but I am a little concerned that the help file describes something that is clearly not correct.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Julian,

Hex format and S19 (S-Record) format are two different formats (see S-Record, Intel Hex and Binary Files | MCU on Eclipse). The option -h saves the file in (intel) Hex format.

If you really need the s19 format, then you can use the memory view to save it in the S19 format, see Dump my Device Memory | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos