AnsweredAssumed Answered

RT1020, SD and QSPI with LQFP100

Question asked by Luis Hernandez Salvador on Jul 26, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 14, 2018 by Luis Hernandez Salvador

Hello.

I am designing a product with the RT1020 LQFP100 microcontroller, I am based on the schematics of the MIMXRT1020-EVK evaluation board.

The problem is that the MIMXRT1020-EVK board installs an LQFP144, and I'm going to use an LQFP100 (the only one currently available, otherwise I would have used an LQFP144 that interests me more). This affects the design of the boot with SD card and QSPI. I see in the diagrams of the evaluation board, that the SD card is connected to the ports GPIO_SD_B0_ and the QSPI to the ports GPIO_SD_B1_.

In the LQFP100, the GPIO_SD_B0_ port does not exist, and that is my problem, where to connect the SD card and the QSPI in an LQFP100.

I suspect that the SD card must be connected to the GPIO_SD_B1_ ports with the same numbering that the evaluation board connects to the GPIO_SD_B0_ but I am not sure. On the other hand, the QSPI could also be connected to the GPIO_SD_B1_ ports, but in that case the GPIO_SD_B1_06 port is shared between the SD and the QSPI.

All this, unless the QSPI must be really connected to the "FlexSPI2nd Option" ports, GPIO_AD_B1_.

Can someone confirm where the SD card and QSPI are connected to an RT1020 LQFP100?

Thank you.

Outcomes