AnsweredAssumed Answered

SPI master and 3 DAC's

Question asked by Lars Hovesen on Jul 26, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 30, 2018 by xiangjun.rong

I have to attach 3 very similar DAC's to the same SPI interface and not knowing too much about SPI or the Kinetis K platform I thought I only had to make one SPI configuration, and then set the relevant chip select signals to switch between which DAC I was talking to. But from the questions/comments on the community it seems like I have to make 3 almost identical "master_config" with only the "whichPcs" being apart, and then re-initialize the specific SPI interface from scratch each time I need to switch DAC, is that really the case?

I would assume only one configuration was needed, and perhaps a specific function available to shift chip select.

I cannot find a good example for this to see how it's supposed to be done, can you perhaps point me to one?

I have the benefit of being able to use the newest MCUXpresso and SDK's available if needed. I am making code to be used on Kinetis K26_180, but I guess an example from any Kinetis board would help me, as I just need to understand how it's done. Perhaps even some documentation is available?

Outcomes