I'm working on a crystal oscillator using SA602 mixer. In the datasheet Fig.6a How do I determine the values of the capacitors C1 and C2? Assuming that I want to oscillate at the fundamental freq. of the crystal.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm working on a crystal oscillator using SA602 mixer. In the datasheet Fig.6a How do I determine the values of the capacitors C1 and C2? Assuming that I want to oscillate at the fundamental freq. of the crystal.

Jump to solution
rsjaw14
Contributor I

pastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
  • RF

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

L1,C3 elements are not required for fundamental frequency oscillator.

C1=10pF typical
C2[pF]~ 1000/F[MHz]

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

L1,C3 elements are not required for fundamental frequency oscillator.

C1=10pF typical
C2[pF]~ 1000/F[MHz]

Have a great day,
Pavel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos