cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about the power of the mpc8270

Jump to solution
kaizhou
Contributor I

I am using mpc8270 in my project, but i find a strange question recently. If i leave the vdd voltage floating and supply the vddh 3.3V, the current from the power will increase 0.2A than the situation which supply the vdd voltage 1.5V and supply the vddh voltage 3.3V.

Can you help explain the question?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When the core voltage is not applied, but only I/O voltage is applied, this means the device core is not powered, but only I/O buffers are powered. In this case I/O buffers will be in "random" state, driving random output value, either "high" or "low", and extra current may be drawn by the device over this I/O voltage.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When the core voltage is not applied, but only I/O voltage is applied, this means the device core is not powered, but only I/O buffers are powered. In this case I/O buffers will be in "random" state, driving random output value, either "high" or "low", and extra current may be drawn by the device over this I/O voltage.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

kaizhou
Contributor I

Thank u for your answer, it's so useful。

0 Kudos