not getting u-boot flashed (Default Env) after flashing imx28 with mfg-tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not getting u-boot flashed (Default Env) after flashing imx28 with mfg-tool

mayurpatel19912
Contributor II

I flashed my board (with imx28) with mfg-tool (emmc only profile).

it flashes u-boot binary but does not load new u-Boot environment variables. when I do reset (env default -a) then it loads my wanted new environment.

actual problem for better understanding.

• when company ships it's board at that time it has u-boot environment variable console = 1234567890
  • after that, we are flashing successfully with mfg-tool with containing new u-boot binary with our patched (include/configs/xxxxxxxxxx28.h) environment variable console = XYZ
  • by the new reboot, it should come up with new u-boot environment variable console = XYZ, but it comes with console = 1234567890 which is wrong
  • when I do env default - a, then I get  console = XYZ

So how can I get console = XYZ without setting default env?

@imx28 #imx28

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
3 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mayur,

Please open ucl.xml file in MFG tool, and find the list you are using by list name! Comment those lines that write image and rootfs, only keep lines for writing u-boot.

Save and exit, then startup MFG Tools to flashing u-boot to eMMC only.

After flashing is done, re-boot your board, and check if u-boot has been updated.

Have a nice day!

TIC weidong sun

mayurpatel19912
Contributor II

Hi weidong.sun ,

thank u for the response...

I am assuming it is flashing u-boot. because when I set it to default then it uses correct one... so that default env is #priority2 in U-boot

and i want it as #priority1.

but still i will try with ur idea too and let u know

0 Kudos

mayurpatel19912
Contributor II

I have tried with ur idea... but I am still getting "console=1234567890" and after setting to default getting "console=xyz".. 

So nothing helped.

0 Kudos