cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 6 Solo with 6bit RGB LCD

mmovsisyan
Contributor I

Hi All,

I need to interface an 6-bit RGB (18bit) LCD with I.MX 6 Solo. I am very new to the i.MX microprocessor and have read some threads here on the forum. I also looked at he IPU Display Interface Signal Mapping in the datasheet, and I connected per the instructions in the table, namely DBs, HSYNC/VSYNC,CLK,DATA ENABLE. I have attached pictures of the pinouts on the LCD - I am not sure how to connect some of the other I/O pins, such as RS,FLM etc. . I want to connect them to either the DIx_DISPx_DATA[18:23] or the DIx_PIN[4:14]. But I have 2 questions.

1) If I am using only 18bits from LCD_DISP, can the other 6bits be used as regular GPIO pins?

Since I'm parallel interfacing, I know I can ground IM [2:0] so SDO/SDI are gone, but is CS/ and SCL needed still?

Thank you

imx6solo‌

tft lcd‌

#imx6 display

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mikael

for parallel lcd ipu configurations one can look at boundary devices examples and tutorials:
https://boundarydevices.com/configuring-i-mx6-machines-different-screens-nitrogen6x-sabre-lite/

>1) If I am using only 18bits from LCD_DISP, can the other 6bits be used as regular GPIO pins?

yes

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos