I and my customer have tested SD/MMC manufacture mode and has an issue which is hard to understand.
[Our test condition]
Board: MCIMX6ULL-EVK, MCIMX6UL-EVK
Host PC: Windos10 and 7
1. Connect the micro-B end of the supplied USB cable into USB OTG port J1102
2. Set SW602 to ON, OFF (from 1-2 bit) to enter internal boot mode
3. Set SW601 to OFF, OFF, ON, OFF (from 1-4 bit) to boot from the microSD which is on CPU module.
4. Detach microSD card
5. Insert SD card adapter with micro SD card to SD connector which is on Base board
6. Power on a EVK
7. It can't detect the board with MFGTool.
(a)Insert full size SD card: Can't detect board by MFGTool
(b)Insert full size SD adopter with microSD: Can't detect board by MFGTool
(c)Insert full size SD adopter without microSD: Can detect board by MFGTool
(d)Without SD full size adopter and microSD: Can detect board by MFGTool
According to the (a) and (d) of test result, I understand that SD1_CD is used to detect whether a card is inserted or not.
On the other hand, I can't understand the difference of (b) and (c).
Furthermore, I measured a SD1_CD by TP1705 in MCIMX6ULL-EVK and got same signal level from both case.
Could someone advise me to understand the difference of them ?
Does someone have any idea for the reason of the issue has occurred ?