AnsweredAssumed Answered

LPC54608 Secondary bootloader jump and main app debugging

Question asked by cybaluke on Jul 24, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2018 by cybaluke

Hi, i'm working with LPC54608 and MCUxpresso, I have already coded my main application and now I have to code a secondary bootloader, so I have some question about this:

1 - first I've moved the main app at the 0x8000 address (32kB sector) in flash using the MCUxpresso's memory setting option, but now I can't debug this app because when I launch the debug session the debugger doesn't break in the main function but jumps in a wrong RAM location (the flash memory from 0x0 to 0x7FFF is empty). What I'm missing to correctly debug the main relocated app?

2 - For my Secondary Bootloader first step I've tryed to make a bootloader that only should jump immediatly at the main app (at the flash address 0x8000) but I have some problems with the jump so  what is the right calling code to jump from  the secondary bootloader to main app?

3 - what is the right code to jump back from main app to the bootloader at 0x00000000 address?

4 - is it possible automatically upload the SecondaryBootloader firmware together the main app during the main app debugg session  launch?

Outcomes