cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between MC8640TVU1067NE and MC8640TVJ1067NE

phanikumarkorla
Contributor I

hi,

in our PCB we are using MC8640TVU1067NE processor. but it was obsolete now, in NXP site they mentioned alternative part number is MC8640TVJ1067NE and also mentioned, reason for change is assembly process.  what you mean by assembly process change (i.e ic manufacturing process change or PCB assembly process change)  and also  i want to know is there any other difference between MC8640TVU1067NE and MC8640TVJ1067NE  dimension wise (L*B*H and also ball size) and pin configuration wise(one to one pin configuration or not) and functionality wise. 

Thanks and Regards,
Phani Kumar k

Embedded System Engineer

Ph: 8867990406

HAL-Edge wood Technologies Pvt. Ltd. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MPC8640TVU1067NE and MPC8640TVJ1067NE have the same package: CFBGA994. See the following page:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/power-architecture-processors/integrate...

The MPC8640TVU1067NE package all non-RoHS compliant products, whether or not they contain halogens or Antimony Oxides. This includes products with lead in the outer terminals, such as QFP with traditional SnPb plating, and BGAs with SnPb balls.

The MC8640TVJ1067NE package is fully fully comply with the EU Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS) without exemptions and halogens and Antimony Oxides.

See the following page:

https://www.nxp.com/about/about-nxp/about-nxp/corporate-responsibility/environmental-compliance-orga...

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos