Did anyone try to program boot image created under MCUXpresso into SDCard ? My goal is to boot from eMMC but as first step I would like to boot from sdcard and later switch to eMMC. I successfuly managed to create boot_image.sb file and I am able to program it into SDCard but after reconfiguring boot pins and reset program won't boot. I am following steps described in AN12107 but unfortunately project configure related steps are for IAR.
- application code executed from DTCM
- I modified linker script to put reset vector and rest of the app code under 0x20002000 address
- in "imx-dtcm-unsigned.bm" file i set startAddress = 0x20000000 and entryPointAddress = 0x20002000 (that's where vectors are)
- I am using "program_sdcard_image.bd" without any custom changes
- I'm using hello_blinky example project as base
EDIT: After some reading and searching I believe entryPointAddress should be set to 0x20002000 (vectors array start address). Still I don't know if I should set startAddress to 0x20000000 or to different address ? I also recreated example SD card boot example from AN12107(section 3.5) using ITCM but I'm facing the same problem, app won't boot. Why is it necessary to set startAddress to 0x8000 ? Why it can't be beginning of ITCM memory ?
I would be grateful for any info, example or simple tutorial.
Thanks in advance