cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating C0V with CLKS[1:0] != 0, FTMEN=1 and EPWM

xarowubas
Contributor III

Reference manual: K60P144M100SF2V2RM

All I want to do is update C0V in EPWM with FTMEN=1 when the FTM clock is already started. AFAIK all writes are buffered, so I have to force the written value to be applied anyhow. However, all of the options mentioned in the reference seem to exclude each other:

1. "If the selected mode is not output compare and (SYNCEN = 1) then CnV register is updated by the C(n)V and C(n+1)V register synchronization."

"C(n)V and C(n+1)V register synchronization." is linked to PWM synchronization, which says:

"The PWM synchronization must be used only in Combine mode. "

2. From my understanding PWMLOAD is not usable if you configured edge PWM, because it is limited to combine mode, right?

So, what is about the remaining cases, e.g., EPWM and SYNCEN=0?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

When you want to use Edge-Aligned PWM (EPWM) mode, the FTMEN should be 0( FTMEN=0 ).

Please refer the "Table 40-245. CnV register update" of K60P144M100SF2V2RM.

CnV register update.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos