cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring SERDES1 for SGMII on LS1046

kzambrano
Contributor III

Hi,

I am evaluating the LS1046ARDB capabilities, and per the documentation I can configure the RCW with 0x3333 to have SGMII on MAC 9 and 10.

I have used Code Warrior to import the PBL, file produced by the LEDE distribution, and modified it using a QorIQ Project with Processor Expert. When burned into the alternate bank, UBOOT resets and comes up on the default bank. I believe this is due to a reset from the PLL failing to lock (per spec).

Is this configuration possible, and if  so, what  is the recipe? I have tried various combinations of REF_CLK_SEL, which either resets or comes up w/o any working MAC or non-working DTSEC9 and DTSEC10.

Has anyone tried to use a different protocol besides the default 0x1133?

Thanks

kz

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kzambrano
Contributor III

Thank you,

Did that and found out that the ls1024ardb does not support any other protocol except 0x1333 (2xRGMII, 2xXGFI...).  The retimer in front of the SFP+ prevents anything but 10G. Not sure about the PHY connected XFI port, it should be capable of using SGMII, but I have not been successful in getting any output with UBOOT. The goal is to obtain 1G SGMII, but I see that the diagram for the reference board has labeled XFI/2.5G SGMII. Didn't get the memo for that either, is there a limitation there also?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> found out that the ls1024ardb

Excuse me, which exactly board is in question?

0 Kudos

kzambrano
Contributor III

Sorry ls1046ardb, the only working RCW  is 0x1133. I did manage to get a 0x3333 to work on the board, which did allow 1G optical operation from the  SFP. 

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is possible that modified RCW is incorrect.

Please consider creating a Technical Case to investigate the issue in detail:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/381898

0 Kudos