AnsweredAssumed Answered

EVK-MIMXRT1020 board damaged after connect Jlink programmer by JTAG

Question asked by Luis Hernandez Salvador on Jul 18, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 20, 2018 by Luis Hernandez Salvador

Hello.

I've been connecting my evaluation boards EVK-MIMXRT1020 and RT1050, with Jlink SEGGER and Multilink PE micro, by JTAG. The Jlink gives 3.3 volts to pins 1 and 2 of JTAG while the Multilink does not provide voltage for any of these pins.

The problem is that when I connected the Jlink to the evaluation board RT1020, at first it worked, but when I pressed the SW5 button on the board, what I think is to do a RESET, the board has stopped working, and now it has short-circuited the pin 2 (JTAG_PWR) with GND of the JTAG connector.

According to the diagrams, of the 4 push buttons, SW4 is for user applications, SW2 (ONOFF) is for RESET directly to the microcontroller, and only the SW5 and SW3 buttons act by doing some type of reset, I do not understand why so many reset buttons.

SW5 goes to an NTSX2102 chip, which is a bidirectional voltage converter, and SW3 goes to a UM805 chip, which is a voltage monitor with manual reset option.

What is the problem, I can not use Jlink by JTAG, or need special jumper settings to use a JTAG programmer that provide 3.3V supply voltage for pins 1 and 2 of JTAG?

On the board that I have with the RT1050, I still have not pressed any buttons, and I'm afraid to press any (SW3-SW5), using the programmers by JTAG, at least with the Jlink that is the one that gives 3.3 v voltage for the pins 1 and 2 of JTAG.

Best Regards

Outcomes