cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot debug printf to Hyperterminal

ThingPiaoChew
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi , I am using MCUXpresso 10.1.1 and 10.2.0 using MCUXpresso SDK 2.2 for FRDM_KL26Z Board . I am trying out the demo_apps_power_mode_switch and have configured it to output debug print message thru UART .

It does not print out . I think there is something wrong with the toolchain . I have tried the hello_world and it is OK .

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Thing Piao Chew ,

What about the baund rate you configure on Hyperterminal ? Please make sure it should be 9600.

I test on MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.0, FRDM-KL26 board, it can work well :

pastedImage_1.png

- Also make sure choose "SDK Debug Console"( while I think you should choosen it , as the hello world has work well).

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ThingPiaoChew
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi , I thought the baud rate is 115200 which is for all examples and why this example , I need to use 9600 .??

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Thing Piao Chew,

I'm afraid I also don't know why this demo use 9600, maybe related to low power mode, I guess.

And please have a look at readme.txt when there is problme when run example.

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos