cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso, change default entry

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Hello

I am following the instructions in Application Notes AN12107 and AN12108 from NXP to start the program on RT1020 and RT1050 evaluation boards. The problem is that NXP put all the examples with IAR instead of with MCUXpresso.

In step 2 of the instructions, they put "Change the default entry to Reset_Handler likes following Figure", the problem is that I do not find this option in MCUXpresso. Does anyone know?

In general, I do not understand the NXP policy, they have their own free development environments like MCUXpresso, but when they make manuals they put all the examples for commercial development tools like IAR or others, this does not make sense.

Sin título-1.jpg

Labels (2)
4 Replies

Mabzy75
Contributor I

Does anyone know if there is a guide made for generating flash able images using NXPXpresso, MFGTools and the supporting tools. Right now, I am trying to make a flash able image for rt1015 with QSPI. The idea is to flash it vha. USB.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luis,

you can skip this step in MCUXpresso. As you may notice the initialization routine in startup files is different in IAR and MCUXpresso, so you may skip this step without problems.

Please note NXP provides MCUXpreeso as a free option for our costumers and it is not intended to compete with other non-free and powerful tools such as out partner IAR. This is why you may find documentation in IAR and MCUXpresso as well.

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

luishs
Senior Contributor I

OK, thank you Carlos.

0 Kudos

khodifadgaurang
Contributor II

Hi Luis,

Are you able to flash and boot RT1050 using MFGTool by preparing firmware image using MCUXpresso instead of IAR?

0 Kudos