Create a project in MDK for FRDM-KW40Z

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a project in MDK for FRDM-KW40Z

lmarianocampos
Contributor I

Hello! I am using the FRDM-KW40Z board and the IDE Kiel Micro Vision v5 MDK. Download the KSDK 1.3 and through the same IDE compile and download on the board the demo_apps "Hello World" and the drivers_example "gpio" and they work correctly. And now I want to make my own project to turn on and off a led, for this I take the structure of the demo_apps and drivers_example but still gives me the following errors.

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol CLOCK_SYS_RtcOscInit (referred from board.o).
C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol CLOCK_SYS_SetMcgMode (referred from board.o).
C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol CLOCK_SYS_SetSimConfigration (referred from board.o).
C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol __aeabi_assert (referred from board.o).
C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol g_xtal0ClkFreq (referred from board.o).
C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol CLOCK_SYS_EnablePortClock (referred from hardware_init.o).
C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol CLOCK_SYS_DisableLpuartClock (referred from fsl_debug_console.o).
C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol CLOCK_SYS_EnableLpuartClock (referred from fsl_debug_console.o).
C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol CLOCK_SYS_GetLpuartFreq (referred from fsl_debug_console.o).
C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol LPUART_HAL_ReceiveDataPolling (referred from fsl_debug_console.o).
C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol LPUART_HAL_SendDataPolling (referred from fsl_debug_console.o).
C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol LPUART_HAL_SetBaudRate (referred from fsl_debug_console.o).
C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol LPUART_HAL_SetBitCountPerChar (referred from fsl_debug_console.o).
C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol LPUART_HAL_SetParityMode (referred from fsl_debug_console.o).
Not enough information to list image symbols.
Not enough information to list load addresses in the image map.
Finished: 2 information, 0 warning and 14 error messages.
"C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\mdk\KW40Z4\debug\Mi Segundo Proyecto.out" - 14 Error(s), 2 Warning(s).
Target not created.

Anyone who can give me any suggestions to solve this problem?
Thank #@. Greetings.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please consider that the software examples are not made for Keil, nonetheless, the issue you appear to be having might be regarding the KDS libraries that are nor added to your project and you will need to use the same properties as the project you managed to make work. 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

lmarianocampos
Contributor I

Hello estefania, thanks for your answer. I tell you that I was able to compile a project that turns a led on and off, and I really had to add a library, "platform\drivers\src\gpio.
In addition, the software drivers examples that I used as "gpio" and tpm could compile and download them to the board using kiel.
Regards.
Mariano.Compiled Project.png

0 Kudos