cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sa606

richt1
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to use the SA606D FM IF system in a new design. I have ordered the demo board. The problem is that the recommended parts such as X1 (ICM4712701) are no longer in production. Furthermore, I cannot even find a datasheet so someone else can make an equivalent. Also, Toko has stopped making inductors and a recommended replacement for IFT1 would be helpful. Better yet, a recommended ceramic resonator would be even better. 

Thank you,

Rich

0 Kudos
1 Reply

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately, this has been a problem over the years. Toko and other vendors have made many original adjustable shielded inductors obsolete due to low volume. Coilcraft may have a suitable replacement. Another solution is to use a fixed inductor and large capacitor in parallel with a smaller variable capacitor to provide tuning of the LC tank circuit for the demodulator.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos