cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx-4.9.88-2.0.0_ga no GUI HDMI

syamkrishnan_m
Contributor II

HI ,

We are using MCIMX7 SABRE  700-28590 REV D . wHEN BOOTING USING THE 342-00659 REV B1 sdcard which is having 4.1.15_2.0.1 B version  we are getting GUI image on HDMI display .But when tried to build image using imx-4.9.88-2.0.0_ga not getting GUI ON HDMI,getting embedded linux splash and progress bar ,but no GUI after that .Followed all the instructions as per latest bundled documents and read me.Also tried setting bootargs also.Please help to fix resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance .

sam

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

syamkrishnan_m
Contributor II

Please suggest a fix/solution for the issue . How to get HDMI working.

Thanks,

Syam

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you want to have QT GUI, you need to build the QT image. You can follow the Yocto User's guide to build the QT image.

0 Kudos

syamkrishnan_m
Contributor II

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your reply.Iam not getting anything on my display after boot splash screen is going dark.Its like that after kernal loading also.

Is there any particular configuration or setting Iam missing.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you set the HDMI as a display in the bootargs?

For example:

Boot up the system through rootfs in eMMC, using HDMI as display.

For i.MX 7Dual SABRE boards :

U-Boot > setenv mmcargs 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk2p2 rootwait rw video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24'

For more information about bootargs setting, please read the i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf. You can download the BSP documentation from here: i.MX Software|NXP 

0 Kudos

syamkrishnan_m
Contributor II

Hi,

I tried bootargs already,without any success.

I can run display tests from unit tests,but startup display blank.

Thanks,

Syam,

0 Kudos