MCUX requesting a SDK that is not the one I have downloaded for my demo board.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUX requesting a SDK that is not the one I have downloaded for my demo board.

gianveglio
Contributor I

The first thing that hapens when I try and import the KMS project into MCUx is that I get this error / warning message.pastedImage_1.png

As you can see, I hope, I have the, (IMO), correct SDK loaded.  The board I am using IS a FRDMKV31F.  Why is the system requesting the TWR board SDK?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Sorry about the delay. The KMS projects expect that the TWR version of the SDK is installed in MCUXpresso. The only thing that the reference projects use from the SDK are some linker configuration, so there is no issue with using a TWR SDK with a FRDM project.

So go ahead and download the TWR version of the SDK and install it in MCUXpresso. That will resolve your issue.

0 Kudos

gianveglio
Contributor I

Hi Adam

Thanks. I have done that and it worked. I just did not know if it would bite me later. It is reassuring to know that it should be ok.

I see in 1.1.2 of the KMS lab guide that Sensorless Velocity – Hall Start only references the Tower board. Does this mean that the Freedom board won’t work or is it just an incomplete table.

Regards,

Gian

0 Kudos

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Gian,

I can understand how that table is confusing. That table shows all of the possible options that KMS supports. So you can make any choice in that table for any column and there will be an appropriate reference project to support it.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I could regenerate you mentioned issue.

I think that should be a software bug.

I will report it to KMS software team. Thank you.

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos