AnsweredAssumed Answered

PN7150 returning (A1) error code

Question asked by Tyler Gage on Jul 12, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2018 by IvanRuiz

Hi, I am working on bringing up a PN7150 to use with DESFire EV1/EV2 cards. I am setting up a simple configuration (let me know if you need details) and running a loop every second to check the INT line and read in data if the line is set. When I continuously hold a DESFire card to the NFC, the card will be found successfully ~40% of the time and I will read a RF_INTF_ACTIVATED_NTF successfully. The other ~60% of the time when I read the PN7150 I am seeing a CORE_GENERIC_ERROR_NTF with status DISCOVERY_TARGET_ACTIVATION_FAILED (A1). My question is, does this hint at more of a HW problem that needs fixing? Or does this sound like something wrong with how the PN7150 is configured, or the DH interaction with it. Thanks 

Outcomes