cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MfgTool2 from android_O8.0.0_1.0.0_tools

ruei_chang
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I downloaded android_O8.0.0_1.0.0_tools for burning image. Abd I got the image of imx6q.

Here are my files: u-boot-imx6q.imx, partition-table.img, boot-imx6q.img, system.img, recovery-imx6q.img and vendor.img.

Here is my question, I already unpack mfgtool.zip and I put these image files into mfgtools\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\files\android\sabresd folder.

I can make sure that my PC has detected the IMX6 EVK. And the device's VID/PID is also good.

vidpidofimx6q.PNG

But when I execute the mfgtool2-android-mx6q-sabresd-emmc.vbs, it always shows unassigned and No device connected.

I have checked the ucl2.xml and there is a tag for IMX6Q as well. I think it shouldn't be a problem.

<STATE name="BootStrap" dev="MX6Q" vid="15A2" pid="0054"/>

Is there any suggestion about my question?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which board are you using, you designed yourself or bought the board from NXP?

0 Kudos

ruei_chang
Contributor III

Hello Rita,

I'm using i.MX 6Quad SABRE-SD board, you can see the picture below. And I found a strange thing is when I took the MfgTool2 to another PC, it is able to find the device and burning image is okay.

P_20180713_102501.jpg

Both of my PCs are running in Win10(Chinese traditional language). Both of them are able to get the proper PID/VID.  So I think I don't' I get any wrong settings. This is very strange...

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The device "No device connected" may be caused by the PC usb version. Win7 system can work well, On Win10 system I have never try the android_O8.0.0_1.0.0_tools for burning image. I will test it with this board  i.MX 6Quad SABRE-SD board. And then give you reply.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos