license missing error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license missing error

john_yang
Contributor II

I downloaded and installed the NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx Simulink tool box, and generated and saved the license according to the " Model- Based Design Toolbox Quick-Start" manual. but when I run one of the example - GPIO, it gave me the following error massages:

"License Error: -1, Model-Based Design Toolbox License Missing, please go to The Model-Based Design Development Toolbox Web Site to get a free license or request a demo. Provide the following HostID: a4526dd8 Component:NXP MBD Toolbox | Category:Block error Error evaluating 'InitFcn' callback of block_diagram 'gpio_s32k14'. Callback string is 'mbd_s32k14_consistency_checks(bdroot(gcs));' Caused by: MBD Toolbox configuration check error"

I do have the license file in the folder of "..\MATLLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\code\lic".

how can I solve this?

Thanks,

John Yang

0 Kudos
15 Replies

dmorvay
Contributor I

Hello, I am receiving the following error: License Error: -1, Model-Based Design Toolbox License Missing, please go to The Model-Based Design Development Toolbox Web Site to get a free license or request a demo. Provide the following HostID:

I am on Matlab 2021b and the Model Based Design Toolbox S32K1xx 4.3.0. My license.lic is in the lic folder as well. Any ideas on how to solve this problem are appreciated. 

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @dmorvay,

Please type the following command inside the following command in MATLAB Comand Window  winopen(fullfile(mbd_find_s32k_root, 'lic')) and check if the license is there.

Alos, please check with .dat extension instead of .lic. 

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

dmorvay
Contributor I

Hi Marius, 

It looks like changing the file back to .dat extension solved the issue. Thank you!

0 Kudos

kishorebhadri
Contributor I

Hello Team,

I am using Matlab R2020b and the ver command shows the below details for  MBDT tools for S32k. 

Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Series Version 4.2.0 (R2016a-R2020a)

My question is "Is the toolbox supported for Matlab 2020b?" or "Am I missing something during installation ?" as I am getting this message as below

"Model-Based Design Toolbox License Missing, please go to The Model-Based Design Development Toolbox Web Site to get a free license or request a demo."

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @kishorebhadri,

"Is the toolbox supported for Matlab 2020b?"

When the toolbox was released, the latest released version of MATLAB was 2020a, and it has been tested on it as well. I do not expect to encounter any issue regarding the MATLAB compatibility when you run our toolbox on 2020b. Feel free to try it and if something is not working as expected, feel free to write to us.

"Model-Based Design Toolbox License Missing, please go to The Model-Based Design Development Toolbox Web Site to get a free license or request a demo."

For this error, you have to register your machine on our website, the link provided in the license. Once you've done that, you will get a lic/dat license file which has to be copied in our toolbox. To open directly from MATLAB the location, please type the following command in MATLAB Comand Window  winopen(fullfile(mbd_find_s32k_root, 'lic'))

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

mv3234
Contributor II

Unrecognized function or variable 'mbd_find_s32k_root'.

0 Kudos

joshisr
Contributor I

Hi,

I am getting the similar error and all my work is on C Drive;

License Error: -1, Model-Based Design Toolbox License Missing, please go to The Model-Based Design Development Toolbox Web Site to get a free license or request a demo. Provide the following HostID: 5a4c9706
Component:NXP MBD Toolbox | Category:Block error
Error evaluating 'InitFcn' callback of block_diagram 'GPIOLAB6'. Callback string is 'mbd_s32k14_consistency_checks(bdroot(gcs));'
Caused by:
  • MBD Toolbox configuration check error 

Here is the path follwed - C:\Users\Sanket Joshi\Documents\MATLAB\MBDToolbox_S32K1\fsroot\lic

I tried 

>Ver - i got this ~ Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Series         Version 2018.R1     (R2016b-R2018a)

>vol - Volume in C Drive, Vol serial number is 5a4c9706

Please advise!

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello joshisr‌,

Unfortunately the problem seems to be with the spaces in your path - the tool we are using for licensing seems to not be working when you insert spaces in the path. Sorry for the delayed answer.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

john_yang
Contributor II

Hello Razvan,

I figured out that I cannot put the license file on the network drive (because of our company's firewall). After putting the license file on my local drive and redoing the "set path" steps described above.  It works!  Thank you for your help!

John

0 Kudos

bamboo
Contributor I

hello John:

This is my add path and error display, just like yours.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

john_yang
Contributor II

Hello Xiaoning,

It looks like yours is different from my licensing problem. Mine was caused by our internal network firewall. I guess you have multiple installations that confuses Matlab.

John

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello john.yang@gentherm.com‌,

I understand that you have a license.lic file in [..]\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\code\lic folder, right?

Can you run the following command in MATLAB command window

ver

and tell me the output of it? You should see something like this

Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Series         Version 3.0.0       (R2015b-R2017b) 

Moreover, can you type the following command in the command prompt

vol

and tell me the output of it? You should be getting something like this

Volume in drive C is OSDisk
         Volume Serial Number is 1C4F-71C0

For more references we have a video tutorial for installation here and a how-to page here.

Common issues with licensing from what I've seen are renaming the license.lic file (other name), misplacing it somewhere else or having a different volume number written on the nxp site, when registering for a license.

Can you attach the license that was generated for you besides the information from the 2 commands?

Thanks,

Razvan. 

0 Kudos

bamboo
Contributor I

hello  Razvan:

I operate according to your video, but the result is reported to error-9, which means license invaild. I don't know why.

0 Kudos

john_yang
Contributor II

Hi Razvan,

Thank you for your quick response!

Yes, I do see the following from "ver" output

Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Series         Version 3.0.0       (R2015b-R2017b) 

and the output from cmd -"vol" is:

Volume in drive C is System

Volume Serial Number is A452-6DD8

the license generated is:

#Model-Based Design Toolbox for MATLAB/Simulink - Model Based Design Toolbox
#for S32K1xx Automotive Microprocessors Family for John Yang Software Account
# License for DISK_SERIAL_NUM=a4526dd8 NXPlic
INCREMENT MC_Toolbox_S32K freescale 1.00 permanent uncounted \
 VENDOR_STRING="Model Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx \
 Automotive Microprocessors Family" \
 HOSTID=DISK_SERIAL_NUM=a4526dd8 ISSUER="Freescale \
 Semiconductor" ISSUED=06-jul-2018 ck=162 SN="FSL - 23898187" \
 TS_OK SIGN="050E 1B83 74B4 143E 0DB2 6C17 66FE 0025 87E8 6BCD \
 7D9B 97B1 00A8 9FAF 736F 0069 5154 6096 F38F F377 D34E 68CC \
 2E6D EFA4 7B95 F75B CD46 87D9 9CB2 8BB7"

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello john.yang@gentherm.com‌,

The license file seems ok (it matches your volume drive serial number), it is placed in the right place and I assume it is called license.lic .

It might be a problem with the MATLAB paths. To make sure this is not the case, please do the following:

•    Go to  Set Path (in MATLAB Home tab)
  •    Click on Default (Note: this will restore the default MATLAB path - you will lose your curent path settings if you have additional custom paths)
  •    Click on Yes in the warning message box
  •    Click on Save - at this point you have restored the default MATLAB path.
  •    Now go to [...]\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\code and run the mbd_s32k_path.m - this script will append our toolbox's path to MATLAB's. 

Note: if you can not restore the default MATLAB path (in case you have other toolboxes installed, etc), you will have to manually select the folders/subfolders added by our toolbox. If you haven't installed any other plugin after ours, they should be the last ones there (as they were appended and not prepended).

Please let me know if this works,

Razvan.

0 Kudos