How to flash motorola srec binary file to S32K144 with S32 Design Studio?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash motorola srec binary file to S32K144 with S32 Design Studio?

kbj
Contributor IV

Hi,

I develop with S32K144 EVB.

Regardless of project, I would like to flash motorola srec binary file to S32K144 EVB.

How to flash the binary file to S32K144, using S32 Design Studio?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Create new empty project and in Debug Configurations select your .srec file: 

pastedImage_1.png

Jiri

Crazysoda
Contributor I

I want to use PEMICRO debugger to flash the srec file on S32DS.

To other people who do not have a source code, flash using only srec file, pemicro debugger, and S32DS.

Is this possible?

0 Kudos

kbj
Contributor IV

Hi

Thanks to you, I can falsh the binaries.

Best regards,

Byungju.

0 Kudos

alaa_soliman
Contributor I

what hardware did you use to flash the binary file ?

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

you can use PE Micro OpenSDA interface on EVB or any other supported debug probe - Segger J-Link, PE Micro Multilink, Lauterbach... 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

alaa_soliman
Contributor I

I have the PE Micro, do i need to connect the micro USB cable ? or only the 12 v power ? 

0 Kudos

steven_mcgrath
Contributor II

Hi Alaa,

If you are using the S32K144 development board, you can provide power either through the micro USB cable or through the 12 V power cable depending on your Jumper Setting for JP107. Once you have power to the device, you connect the 10-pin mini ribbon cable to the Multilink and should see the orange LED appear which means that the Multilink recognizes the target device. You can then proceed to use S32 Design Studio to debug and flash your device. PEmicro also offers a software that can flash the binary file through a GUI application, or autonomously via command line application which can really help in the production stage once all the code development has been finished. Hope this helps!

Steve

0 Kudos