AnsweredAssumed Answered

K26 bootloader

Question asked by Lars Hovesen on Jul 10, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 16, 2018 by Mark Butcher

I am using Kinetis K26 180MHz MCU and needs to make a bootloader that works over a UART, and I can see that this particular MCU comes with a "Flashloader (Preprogrammed in device flash)", and assuming this flashloader is talking to the Kinetis Bootlaoder programs delivered from NXP that may accommodate my needs. But can anybody here point me to some documentation on which requirements there may be to my HW to make this work, e.g. crystal frequencies, which pins to use for the UART etc.?

I guess the best thing would be if the flashloader SW was available as source code, in which case I could adjust it or remove the parts I do not need, e.g. the USB part. Is this source code available, and if yes, where to find it?

I would expect something like this to be present in the SDK package as an example, and some documentation has also pointed to the existence of such example, but I can not find it in the package I build for my processor, or see any "software component" when building a SDK package, that would suggest a boot/flash-loader is included. Do such an example exist for the K26?

So I am a bit lost on how to start this, and any help to point me in the right direction will be appreciated.

Thank you.

PS for clarity: I need this to work using the MCUXpresso IDE for development.

Outcomes