cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exact information for porting OP-TEE to i.MX6 UltraLite EVK

sungjinp
Contributor I

Hi everyone.

I am trying to port OP-TEE to the i.MX6 UL EVK board based on the web page (http://mrvan.github.io/optee-imx6ul)

I downloaded U-Boot and Linux Kernel from URL on the above URL, and OP-TEE from the official web page.

The version of U-Boot is imx_v2016.03_4.1.14_2.0.0_ga and one of Linux is imx_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga.

I also built them with various cross compilers such as gcc-linaro-4.9 and 6.2.1.

But, I failed to port it. 

I couldn’t see any log messages after “Starting kernel..."

Interestingly, when I used the 2.0.0 version of OP-TEE, I could watch OP-TEE logs on a debug console.

However, it hung at “Primary CPU switching to normal world”, which is the final log from OP-TEE.

According to the official OP-TEE web site, the i.MX6 UL EVK board is maintained actively.

However, the porting guide on the above URL is out of date and I cannot find a updated porting guide.

Please let me know the exact versions of OP-TEE, U-Boot, and Linux kernel that work well on i.MX6 UL EVK.

Sungjin.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

sungjinp
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply.

As you suggested, I've tried to build OP-TEE after creating and installing the BSP SDK.

However, the following error occurred.

LD out/arm-plat-imx/core/all_objs.o
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd: cannot find libgcc.a: No such file or directory
core/arch/arm/kernel/link.mk:36: recipe for target 'out/arm-plat-imx/core/all_objs.o' failed
make: *** [out/arm-plat-imx/core/all_objs.o] Error 1

libgcc.a exists in /opt/fsl-imx-x11/4.1.15-2.1.0/sysroot/cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libgcc.a.

To check to see if libgcc.a exists, I ran the following command.

${CC} -print-libgcc-file-name
/opt/fsl-imx-x11/4.1.15-2.1.0/sysroots/cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/5.3.0/libgcc.a

As you can see, the cross compiler can find libgcc.a correctly.

Could you give me some hints to solve this error?

Regards,

Sungjin.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sungjin,

OP-TEE is not supported by the NXP BSP, but the instructions on the document you have pointed out should work correctly.

The document does not specify the toolchain to be used but I would recommend using the toolchain that can be extracted from the 4.1.15_2.0.0_ga BSP, so all necessary libraries are dependencies are considered. (I mention this BSP as is the one referenced on the OP-TEE document)

You would need to setup a Yocto Host as mentioned on the Yocto User’s Guide from the BSP documentation and then running the bitbake meta-toolchain command.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos